‘DOVER PATROL’ Board Game – H. P. Gibson (1940’s)
‘Dover Patrol’ is a classic naval war board game, first published by H.P Gibsons & Sons in the 1920’s. Based on the game of L’Attaque, Dover Patrol has slightly more advanced rules but is still easy to learn.
The game we currently have for sale, pictured on this page, dates from the late 1940’s with pen and ink illustrations on the cardboard playing pieces and metal stands.
The game pieces and board show some signs of use (minor marks etc.) but are still in very good condition for their age. Two of the cardboard playing pieces have slightly more colouration on the illustrations (see photo) and are probably replacements from another set – but they are the correct pieces from the same period, and the colour on the back of the pieces matches the rest of the set, so this doesn’t affect playing the game.
The box is superb condition with very little storage wear.
- Game board
- 2 sets of cardboard playing pieces representing warships, submarines, mines etc..
- 2 sets of metal stands
- Checked and complete
- Playing pieces: Good -Very Good (Grade: 7.5) Minor marks
- Metal stands: Very Good: (Grade: 7.5) Some age-related tarnishing
- Board: Good – Very Good (Grade 7.5) Minor marks
- Box: Excellent (Grade: 9.0)
For full details of how we grade vintage items, please refer to the ‘Grading Vintage Toys’ page