‘KINGMAKER’ Board Game – Gibsons (1970’s)
Out of stock
‘Kingmaker’ is a classic strategy board game in which players recreate the Wars of the Roses. This series of conflicts was the result of a power struggle between the houses of York and Lancaster for succession to the English throne.
‘Kingmaker’ recreates the conflict through clever use of ‘Crown’ and ‘Event’ cards, and without the the use of dice.
The game we currently have for sale, pictured on this page, is complete and in excellent condition. It appears to have had little use and the cards are crisp and in ‘as new’ condition. A couple of the cardboard faction markers have been replaced with blanks but this does not affect the gameplay.
The box has minor storage wear (split corner seam and rubbing to the edges and corners) and some slight indentation to the underside, but is otherwise in very good condition.
- Game board
- 38 cardboard playing pieces representing royal heirs, nobles and ships.
- 84 cardboard Faction markers (2 are blanks)
- 72 Crown cards
- 80 Event cards
- Checked and complete (2 faction markers are blank)
- Playing pieces: Mint (Grade: 10.0)
- Cards: Mint (Grade: 10.0)
- Board: Near Mint (Grade 9.0)
- Box: Very Good (Grade: 7.5)
For full details of how we grade vintage items, please refer to the ‘Grading Vintage Toys’ page