‘BUCCANEER’ Board Game – Waddingtons (1960’s)
Out of stock
This vintage ‘Buccaneer’ board game by John Waddington Ltd. dates from the mid 1960’s. ‘Buccaneer’ was one of the most popular board games that Waddington produced, and the Waddington’s version stayed in production for 50 years.
This edition was the last one to feature the larger board which allows the game to be played with up to six players. (Later editions had a smaller board for up to four players).
The game we currently have for sale, pictured on this page, is complete with all of the original treasure pieces, and in very good condition. The cards show some signs of handling and use but nothing too serious. All other components are in excellent condition.
- Game board (up to 6 players)
- Plastic ‘Treasure Island’ insert for game board
- 6 plastic pirate ships
- Treasure (6 each of rubies, diamonds, pearls, gold bars and barrels of rum)
- 2 sets of ‘Crew’ cards
- ‘Chance’ cards
- Instruction leaflet
- ‘Laws of the Game’ leaflet
- Checked and complete
- Game board: Near Mint (Grade: 9.5)
- Ships & Treasure: Excellent (Grade: 9.0)
- Cards: Good (Grade 7.5) Some signs of handling
- Box: Good (Grade: 7.0) Some rubbing to corners. Indentation/marking to base.
For full details of how we grade vintage items, please refer to the ‘Grading Vintage Toys’ page.
1798 / 1819